LAST UPDATED: June 12, 2014
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including, for example:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- School enrollment status
- Demographic data
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services (e.g., when you sign up or respond to our messages).
- From the School: We may receive Personal Information from the School, including demographic information, such as your gender, race, whether you are a veteran and whether you are a first generation college student. The School may also provide us with your grades and other information about your performance.
- From Community Organizations: We may receive Personal Information from community organizations with which you are associated.
- From your Fans: We may receive information about you from individuals you designate to support you in meeting your goals (your “Fans”).
How We May Use Personal Information
Subject to applicable law and our agreements with our customers (i.e., Schools and Community Organizations), we may use Personal Information:
- To provide the Services to you.
- To provide services to your School or Community Organization.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To personalize your experience on the Services, such as by presenting content tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate, consistent with applicable law and our agreements with our school customers: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Subject to applicable law and our agreements with our customers, we may disclose your Personal Information:
- To your Fans and to other individuals or organizations as directed by you.
- To your School or Community Organization.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, and other similar services.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Subject to applicable law and our agreements with our customers, we may use and disclose de-identified Personal Information for any purpose, including for research purposes.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of an App: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Services.
- From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In addition, we are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to such organizations through or in connection with the Apps.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
You may opt-out from receiving text messages from us. If you no longer want to receive text messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving them by replying “STOP” to any text message we send to you.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
Persistence Plus, LLC.
P.O. Box 425454
Cambridge, MA 02142
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.